Why They Normally Fail
The Ford Focus (DPF) 1.6TDCi 16v model with the Diesel Particulate Filter is prone to problems such as injectors failing, turbocharger failing and engine oil contamination. This is mainly due to the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) getting blocked up. When the DPF blocks up, it causes back-pressure to push carbon back up in to the turbocharger, engine and other components such as the diesel injectors. They then become carbonated and the oil becomes contaminated.
Common Symptoms of a Failed Turbocharger:
- Play in the impeller shaft
- Oil leaking into the Inlet
- White Smoke
- Noisy Bearing / Whining Sound On Throttle
- Loss Of Power & No Kick-Down
What Do We Do?
Rather than spending a fortune to replace the turbocharger with a new unit, or even a second-hand unit which would come with a maximum of 90 days warranty. You can send the turbocharger to us and here at Sinspeed we’ll strip your unit down and rebuild it with all new oil seals & bearings. The housing will be machined and leak tested to ensure a rebuild of the highest quality and returned to you with a full 1 year warranty. In fact, you won’t even recognise the turbocharger as we chemically clean all units before rebuilding so they look as good as new!
Our Rebuild Procedure
- We first process your turbocharger in our mechanical parts washer
- We then strip the turbocharger right down & examine it for defects
- Your turbocharger will then be chemically cleaned & blasted
- We then leak test the housing and machine if necessary
- We’ll then proceed to rebuild with all new Oil Seals & Bearings (To meet & exceed the OE specifications)
- Finally we test, balance & re-calibrate the unit before dispatching it back to you
How Long Will This Process Take?
We can normally turn a turbo rebuild around in 24-48 hours.
Do You Offer A Fitting Service?
Yes, we do. We aim to offer the most competitive rate fitting services and if you find a better deal elsewhere, we always aim to beat it. We also offer a free collect & return service on your vehicle (dependant of your location) so if you’re having turbo problems then get in touch and find out what we can do for you.
Do You Repair Other Turbo’s As Well?
We repair all types of turbocharger units for all makes & models. If your unit is non-repairable, we have many rebuilt units in stock ready to exchange & dispatch same day. We also carry new units on some of the more commonly known non-repairable turbos or where new units are the more affordable option.
What Guarantee Will Sinspeed Give Me?
We offer all our customers a full 1 years warranty.
For an instant quote, call us today on 0871 2887 666.